[Hidden-tech] open source CRM - SugarCE vs vTiger

Matthew S. Crocker matthew at corp.crocker.com
Fri May 8 09:41:04 EDT 2009

We separate mail into two chunks, staff mail and role mail.

Staff mail is a personal e-mail per employee and looks like 'matthew at corp.crocker.com'
Role mail is a division based e-mail per job role and looks like 'support at crocker.com, sales at crocker.com, provisioning at crocker.com'

Staff mail is handled in our hosted collaborative suite (Zimbra).
Role mail is handled in SugarCRM. Everyone in the support team has access to the support role mailbox, etc.

Every Zimbra account has a 'CRM' folder which is visible in Sugar so when I have an e-mail in Zimbra I want to attach to a Sugar account I move it to the CRM folder and then attach it. I'm working on a Zimlet for Sugar which will allow me to right-click & attach the e-mail.

Zimbra is like a web based Exchange. I have my mail,contacts, calendar in Zimbra which syncs up with my iPhone. Works perfectly.