[Hidden-tech] open source CRM - SugarCE vs vTiger

Matt Lampiasi mattl at florenceit.net
Fri May 8 08:41:36 EDT 2009

Hi
I hardly ever do that. As a smaller company I mainly use it for more
advanced contact management with notes, occasionally attaching the email
to the contact. I try purposely to not save a lot of emails. But, with
the outlook plugin (which comes with the modestly priced yearly support
plan I mentioned with sugar) you can right click an email and associate
it with a contact. This way you have control. You also need this support
plan to get the plugin for word (both work with 07 versions) for the
mail merge with word. The thunderbird plugin last i tried it (maybe 6+
mos ago) was a bit buggy. I found the word and outlook plugins to be
fairly stable but Ive also had quirks with them over the yrs.
If you did not want to buy the support plan that gets you the
outlook/word/tbird plugins, then you can fudge it by using the internal
sugar email but I personally would not want to be stuck using that as a
full time email client. I'm not sure if the tbird plugin has the same
features but it definitely syncs contacts.

--
Thank you,
Matt Lampiasi

Getting our resourceful monthly newsletter