[Hidden-tech] Moving hosting but saving e-mail?

Rich rich at on-the-net.com
Fri Mar 13 10:17:30 EDT 2009

Yup - the answer is relatively simple - either they keep that account
open or they download their email
to a desktop client.  Sometimes, not usually they can download an export
- that is tricky since it is tied
to a specific type of local client that will import it -- usually MS
outlook (express).

Also, downloads are often only the inbox - not sent folders.  If they
can connect with Imap,
their local client will allow an export.

There are many local clients - MS outlook (or express) is NOT the best
choice,
I'd suggest using Thunderbird (mail side of Firefox), since it has lots
of export addon options

And good think you addressed this - it probably must be done before the
domain is switched,
we handle 100s of domain moves and often they ask about email after they
already have put the
move in progress.

Rich

--
Rich Roth
CEO On-the-net

Bringing you complex online systems since the net was young
http://www.tnrglobal.com - http://www.on-the-net.com/rr/