[Hidden-tech] Moving hosting but saving e-mail?

Anne Campbell acampbell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 15:59:58 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a client who has had a Web site through GoDaddy's "Website Tonight"
for a couple of years. They're ready to make the move away from GoDaddy and
let me host the new site for them (I have a hosting reseller account). I'm
happy to do this for them, but not sure what will happen to their e-mail
when the hosting switches over. They currently use GoDaddy's Web-based
e-mail, so it's not like their messages are saved locally using a mail
client. They have a couple of years' worth of conversations that they need
to save, so I don't want to switch the hosting and make all of those
disappear. Has anyone been through this before with a client using Web-based
e-mail at their domain? What happens to those messages? Is there any way to
make sure they transfer over?

Thanks very much -
Anne

Anne Campbell, acampbell at gmail.com