[Hidden-tech] Register Now: Joomla! Day New England, May 30, Brattleboro VT

Jen Kramer McKibben jen at 4webinc.com
Fri Mar 6 11:10:43 EST 2009

Jordan -- this Joomla Day features some great speakers, including Mitch
Pirtle, one of Joomla's founders; Elin Waring, president of Open Source
Matters, the foundation that runs Joomla; and Rob Schley, one of the current
core team developers who is working particularly hard on Joomla 1.6. Barrie
North, author of one of the first books on Joomla 1.5 and owner of SimplWeb,
Compass Designs, and JoomlaShack, will also be speaking.

It's rare that we get such high quality and well-known speakers in our area
-- normally events like this happen in Boston or other larger cities. So we
are thrilled to be making this happen in Brattleboro.

There is a train that goes to Brattleboro from Boston if you don't have a
car.  There is information about that on our site,
http://newengland.joomladayusa.org.

As for a regular Joomla User Group, Joomla! User Group New England meets the
3rd Wednesday of each month from 5:30-7 PM at the Marlboro College Grad
Center in Brattleboro.  There is also a Joomla! User Group New Hampshire
that meets at the University of New Hampshire in Durham
(http://joomlanh.ning.com) and the Boston Joomla Users Group,
http://www.bjoomug.org/, which meets in Harvard Square.

This is the first conference on Joomla to be held in New England. There have
been others, but all have involved traveling some distance (Chicago, Las
Vegas, Denver, etc).  If you are interested in Joomla, you should really
come.

Thanks,
Jen

Jen Kramer McKibben
4Web, Inc.
Creators of Highly Customized Joomla Websites
www.4webinc.com
802-257-2657
jen at 4webinc.com
Twitter: jen4web