[Hidden-tech] Google AdSense for Content v. Search

J. Cohen ht at westernmasswebdesign.com
Wed Jul 15 10:29:26 EDT 2009

Jonathon Podolsky wrote:
> A. Any opinions for whether ads are better for content or for search,
> and what is the best placement?
> B. Does anyone feel that Google ads are not worth it, because it doesn't
> generate enough revenue and makes the website less sticky?

I think AdSense for content generally makes a lot more than AdSense search.

On some sites, AdSense looks spammy.  I wouldn't use it unless the
amount coming in from AdSense is worth the ugliness of the ads on the
site.  I see a lot of sites selling a product that might be worth $5000+
of income per month, but they have AdSense all over the site which is
probably earning them $300/month and diverting business away from their
main product.

Josh