[Hidden-tech] Laptop 'Maintenance'

rdmurray at bitdance.com rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Jan 14 09:42:02 EST 2009

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 at 18:03, DAVID F. FARKAS wrote:
> My question.... yes there is a question... is whether there is a
> solvent spray that can safely we used on keyboards to clean the
> contacts under the key? Spray with solvent. Jiggle all the keys.
> Spray with air. Eh voila... all the keys work again?

On most keyboards, including most laptop keyboards, you can remove the
keycaps to facilitate cleaning.  Google for how to reinstall them and
how difficult it is first, though, because I have one where it is almost
impossible to get them back on correctly once removed.  On two previous
laptops I did this and it was quite simple to pop and reinstall the
keycaps, so I'm hoping this one I have now is an exception to a rule :)

--RDM