[Hidden-tech] Framemaker

Roger Williams roger at qux.com
Mon Feb 9 13:30:49 EST 2009

  > May I ask just what it does that inDesign does not?

inDesign CS3 was a big improvement over CS2.  But even CS3 is missing some
critical features, including cross-references, conditional text, and XML-based
authoring (structured authoring).

I also found ID indexing to be so difficult to use that I'm not sure it
matches FM's capabilities; and it looked as though template-driven documents
(i.e. everyone uses the same corporate templates for a specific customer and
document type).

--
Roger Williams <roger at qux.com>
Chief Technical Officer, Qux Corporation