[Hidden-tech] making the leap to MP3 player

Herb Singleton info at cross-spectrum.com
Fri Dec 18 19:48:31 EST 2009

On Dec 18, 2009, at 7:01 PM, ussailis at shaysnet.com wrote:

> There are several reasons that I went with the Sansa: iPod, at least my
> daughter's nano uses MP4, not MP3. We both have a similar taste in Baroque
> music. I can play her files on a computer using Apple's player, but not a
> MP3 player.

This isn't correct, all iPods handles MP3 as well as MP4, MP4 (iTunes music store DRMd file which they don't sell anymore), WAV and Apple Lossless.

The files you buy from the iTMS are in MP4 format (which more and more DAPs play these days, including my Nokia E71) but you can play MP3's from Amazon etc just fine on the iPod.

Herb
--
    Herb Singleton, PE
    hsingleton at cross-spectrum.com
    Cross-Spectrum Labs: Sound & Vibration Consulting
    http://www.cross-spectrum.com