[Hidden-tech] making the leap to MP3 player

ussailis at shaysnet.com ussailis at shaysnet.com
Fri Dec 18 19:01:11 EST 2009

I have a Sansa MP3 plater for the same reason. My Philips CD / MP3 player
doesn't read audio books well anymore.

There are several reasons that I went with the Sansa: iPod, at least my
daughter's nano uses MP4, not MP3. We both have a similar taste in Baroque
music. I can play her files on a computer using Apple's player, but not a
MP3 player.

Next the Sansa is memory expandable. It uses those thumbnail sized micro SD
cards, as well as its own internal memory. Great idea. Just don't drop a
memory card on the rug. You will never find it. The vac will, tho.

Then the Sansa doesn't need a gazillion bit space on the hard drive for
operation. I can actually directly load audio book MP3 files into it. Three
cheers for Sherlock & Jean Shepard.

This summer the Sansa was about $75 at Best Buy. I've seen it for less now.
$59?

On the down side I wish I could remove routes in the Sansa unit to files
that I will never, ever use, like videos and pictures. If I wanted that I
would have bought a video / picture player. I do find a bit of frustration
trying to organize the directory structure. Organization, what's that?

Jim Ussailis