[Hidden-tech] making the leap to MP3 player

Duane Dale duane.dale at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 05:26:04 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Robin MacRostie <
rmacr at choreographicdesign.com> wrote:

> All my portable CD players are died.   I need to make the leap into Ipod.
>  I say ipod, because it seems to be the industry standard and I'm a mac
> person.   ....

Hi Robin. Rather than answers, here's an assertion, a candidates, and some
more questions...

Assertion: The Apple products aren't the only game in town.
Candidates: Creative's Zen (which I have)
   or for higher-fi:  Creative Zen X-Fi and some others

Questions:
* Is a radio important or useful as part of the deal?
   > and would you like to be able to commit a radio program you're
listening to to the player's memory?
* Is microphone recording something you'd like to be able to do?
   > at what quality level, and with what degree of control?
   > with an external microphone?

And as far as memory capacity, what about models that allow you to upgrade
memory yourself by having a memory slot?

--Duane Dale