[Hidden-tech] Business stimulus for HT members ?

Rich rich at tnrglobal.com
Mon Dec 14 11:43:58 EST 2009

With all the discussion of business stimulus I thought I would pass
interesting items on as they pass my desk.
I am specifically interested to know what HT members are interested in.

As with most of you, my business is not the type banks see any value in,
no inventory, just a bunch of (smart) people.
And that is exactly the point, I get asked by economic development
planners,
and the only answer I can give so far, is that part of their jobs is to
help us
determine how the state/fed/etc can help small business.

What I have found is that all they do is keep defining small business as
bigger,
so it's easier for them to work the overhead.

BTW, I don't think there is anyone in HT who is what is defined as
'small business'
we are now defined as micro-business - small is $5-100Mill

So a question to all of you - who is interested in discussing  how to get
all these agencies spending our money to put in back into HT type
businesses ?

And some pointers for now:

*The SBA has some programs that might be helpful:*
              http://www.sba.gov/recovery/index.html

Esp if you were doing well before the crash and are some what cash
strapped now:
                      http://www.sba.gov/recovery/arcloanprogram/index.html

S*BA ARC Loan Program*

If your small business is stressed meeting expenses during these
economic times, the U.S. Small Business Administration has a new loan
program designed just for you.

SBA's America's Recovery Capital Loan Program can provide up to $35,000
in short-term relief for viable small businesses facing immediate
financial hardship to help ride out the current uncertain economic times
and return to profitability.  Each small business is limited to one ARC loan
*
created by Associated Industries of Massachusetts, BuyMass.org gathers
for the first time all the innovative products and world-class services
for that Massachusetts an economic powerhouse. Don't wait for the
recovery - create it. Join more than 8,500 fellow Massachusetts
employers and post your company on BuyMass.org today. Simply go to the
site, click the Sign Up button and you're ready to go. Select Showcase,
Premium or Basic listings levels. Contact Dawn Creighton at
dcreighton at aimnet.org for more information

--
Rich Roth
CEO TnR Global