[Hidden-tech] Microsoft Office suite vs. other options

Roger Williams roger at qux.com
Fri Dec 11 12:29:00 EST 2009

  > You make very good points. The problem is somewhat larger than PowerPoint.
  > Many youth of today have terrible spelling, mix homonyms regularly, and have
  > short attention spans, all of which can be blamed on a culture that provides
  > most information through audio and video cut in quick sound bites rather
  > than the printed word and carefully reasoned arguments.

That's very true.  I single out PowerPoint for special criticism because, of
all the tools commonly used in modern business, it alone continues to
facilitate the same weak verbal and spatial reasoning in an environment which
badly needs to encourage analytic thought.  (Don't even get me started on the
disturbing introduction of PowerPoint into schools!)

--
Roger Williams <roger at qux.com>
Chief Technical Officer, Qux Corporation