[Hidden-tech] Converting from PC to iMac

Mark Firehammer Mark at techeffective.net
Wed Dec 9 17:13:33 EST 2009

Hi Naaz,

I recently helped CSRwire.com, move PC's to Mac, (20 or so users) they faced
the same issue regarding bookkeeping software. Here's what they did.
They were committed to Intuit products (Quicken and QuickBooks) so they run
Parallels Desktop http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/ allowing them
to run Windows software on their Mac. That was 9 months ago and they are
having no problems.

"Mac OS or Windows? Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac lets you seamlessly run
Windows and Mac OS X side-by-side, drag-and-drop your files between
operating systems, and run Windows software on your Apple computer without
rebooting"

I understand  that there is a fine choice for MAC bookkeeping software from
MYOB software, and it accepts Quicken QIF files allowing you to import your
Quicken data into your Mac environment. http://myob-us.com/  You might
consider that as well.  I haven't used it but my friends at the business
services desk in the Apple Store recommend it.

Have fun moving to the Mac. You'll love it. .....I use both Mac and PC.

Mark

Mark Firehammer
413 303 0315
SkypeID:  Compatikey