[Hidden-tech] cell phone repeater/amplifier needed

Lynn Goodhue lrgoodhue at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 19 12:15:17 EDT 2009

Hi Hidden-Tech-ers,

I am wondering how/where to get a cell phone signal repeater/amplifier so my cell phone can actually make calls from my home office.  I have to put the thing on the upper sill of one of 2 windows, out of the sun, and hope the planets are aligned properly. If the planets, the weather and the gods are all happy, then I can answer a call that comes in using my hands-free, but it still kind of static-y and I have to shout. Not very good.

I saw a device in the window of the AT&T store on Main St,  in Northampton, so I know they exist.  But I don't know if one will work where the cell signal is as week as it is on the northern fringes of Williamsburg, or if there is a relatively inexpensive version for home use.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lynn Goodhue
Your Independent I.T. Strategist