summary so far - Re: [Hidden-tech] Constant Contact, iContact et al

Rich rich at tnrglobal.com
Fri Aug 14 12:06:30 EDT 2009

I will add more weight to the 'use a service' comments: don't do it

we are very techie and do run a number emailing services for clients
(over 100,00 a day in industrial opt in lists)
and I can tell you it takes quite a bit of staff time to make sure all
the in/out+issues in today's email world
are addressed.  Making sure our servers are not blocked is a daily
effort and making sure the lists are
kept clean takes many hours of both programming and, at some point,
manual effort.

To give you a simple example, we have a database base of well over 1000
email bounce error
messages in 14 or so languages just to recognize an email bounce - and
that is after pre-coding
the message so it's list source can be known -- then add dozens and
dozens of inconsistent rules
that a spam checker might use to mis-identify a proper email.

Just try sending an email message from a industrial newsletter with a
product from Xerox !
Even this message will be blocked by some of you's spam blockers

Let a service do it for you, they can justify doing all these right,
even available software to
run yourself rarely does all that is needed -- and that doesn't even
include the server monitoring,
we have had the HT list blocked by the likes of Comcast and Verizon
repeatly.

If you do a large volume of emailings (over 50K monthly) , do your home
work and
find a service that will do the custom work you might need.

Rich

-- And if anyone wants to talk to us about doing large emailings, email
me off line.

--
Rich Roth
CEO TnR Global