summary so far - Re: [Hidden-tech] Constant Contact, iContact et al

Jonathon Podolsky producer at wholehealthexpo.com
Thu Aug 13 20:53:08 EDT 2009

As always, it depends on your particular situations, such as number of
recipients, frequency of emails, and how you want to use it.

I can see how implementing your own software solution could save money in
the long-run.  However, with all due respect to others who recommend that, I
wouldn't consider it unless you're a techie and have enough time or have
have very important custom needs. The 3rd party email services must have a
higher deliverability rate, since they work out problems with ISP's,
follow-up on spam reports, add to white lists, etc. Plus they work right
away, instead of loading your own software, troubleshooting if problems come
up etc.

I've been using mynewsletterbuilder.com which is ok, but I am actively
consider a switch to MailChimp.  It has a lot of features, 3rd party
integrations, and a better price.  MailChimp is worth trying it out to make
sure it does what you want, because you can sign-up for free (as long as you
load less than 100 subscribers). They also have good blogs and forums with
more info. I've learned not to take it for granted with any system, that the
integrations work well, so if it's important to you then definitely look at
the integrations carefully.

All the best,

Jonathon Podolsky
Producer at WholeHealthExpo.com
Voice: 413.584.0010
post events, help wanted, and general comments in our forums:
www.WholeHealthExpo.com/forum