summary so far - Re: [Hidden-tech] Constant Contact, iContact et al

Andrew Bellak andrew at stakeholderscapital.com
Thu Aug 13 15:26:24 EDT 2009

Thanks to all who responded.

Here's a summary so far:

competitors -

Campaign Monitor (http://www.campaignmonitor.com/)

Constant Contact

iContact

Mailchimp

AND one host your own solution:

Newsletter Manager Pro on client web servers for multiple clients. It is
made by www.designerfreesolutions.com. It has the usual WYSIWYG editor and
the ability to display newsletters as part of regular web content pages.

The tool costs less than $135 for the tool including the bounce manager.
They also have a newer tool called Web Campaign Manager.net with an AJAX
interface for $350.00.

The nice thing I like about these third party tools is that there are no
ongoing costs and no limits to subscribers, and if you want you can fairly
easily customize the system to match your needs or even access an existing
database for addresses.

We will review these and make a decision.

Thanks,
Andrew