[Hidden-tech] FW: Reminder: Thursday April 9th - Presentation - A lap around Windows Azure and Azure Services

Caron, Daniel DCaron at MassMutual.com
Wed Apr 8 11:31:14 EDT 2009

________________________________

From: dan at wmassdotnet.org [mailto:dan at wmassdotnet.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:29 AM
To: Caron, Daniel
Subject: Reminder: Thursday April 9th - Presentation - A lap around
Windows Azure and Azure Services

REMINDER: We're meeting on THURSDAY this month.

ALSO, please register on the new site http://www.wmassdotnet.org
....the old Community Server site kept breaking so I quickly put up a
DotNetNuke site (forgive my lack of attention to the look and feel at
the moment!).

The Western Mass .NET Users Group is hosting its next monthly meeting on
Thursday, April 9th at 6:00 PM at the MassMutual Learning Center in
Chicopee, MA. Free pizza, drinks and dessert will be provided
compliments of MassMutual. Attendance is always free and open to anyone
interested in learning about Microsoft .NET technologies. Directions are
below.

Presentation Abstract:

Late last year, Microsoft unveiled its cloud computing platform called
the Azure Services Platform. It is made up of an operating system for
the cloud called Windows Azure and some developer services (.NET
Services, SQL Services, etc.) that bring internet scale to your
solutions. In this session, we'll explore the platform via code samples
and see how you can reuse your Visual Studio, ASP.NET and WCF skills to
program for the cloud. At the end of this session, you'll know how to
get started and have an understanding of the general anatomy of the
platform. If you are new to .NET or are not a .NET developer, you will
still benefit from this session as we'll discuss some of the ways to
access the cloud (via REST and some non-.NET SDKs: Java and Ruby). We'll
also discuss Microsoft's Software plus Services strategy and some of the
recent public announcements surrounding the Azure Services Platform.
Find out more about Azure here:
http://www.microsoft.com/azure/windowsazure.mspx
<http://www.microsoft.com/azure/windowsazure.mspx>

About the Presenter:

Allan da Costa Pinto is a technical evangelist with Microsoft and his
job is to help enterprise developers and architects become more
successful on the Microsoft platform. He lives in Hartford, CT and on
Facebook and blogs at http://blogs.msdn.com/allandcp
<http://blogs.msdn.com/allandcp> .

Sponsors
 <http://www.infragistics.com/>
Infragistics <http://www.infragistics.com/>  is the world leader in
Presentation Layer Technology. We are committed to providing our
customers the highest quality of reusable presentation layer development
tools for Windows Forms, ASP.NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF),
Tablet PC, and Java environments. Our products and services empower our
customers' software development teams to realize the potential of the
presentation layer by accelerating their development cycles and
improving usability for end users.

 <http://www.jetbrains.com/>
JetBrains <http://www.jetbrains.com/>  has a passion for making
developers more productive. We make development tools more intelligent,
development processes more efficient, and development cycles shorter --
to simplify your challenging tasks, automate the easy ones, and help you
/Develop with Pleasure/. Our innovative .NET products include: ReSharper
<http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/> , TeamCity
<http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity>  and dotTrace
<http://www.jetbrains.com/profiler/> .

 <http://www.wrox.com/>
Wrox Press <http://www.wrox.com/> , established in 1992 to publish books
for computer programmers, is driven by the Programmer to Programmer
philosophy. Wrox books are written by programmers for programmers, and
the Wrox brand means authoritative solutions to real-world programming
problems. Wrox's unique author-editorial process delivers the best and
most useful information you need in the timeliest manner.

Meeting Details
Thursday, April 9th at 6:00 PM
MassMutual Learning & Conference Center
350 Memorial Drive
Chicopee, MA 01020
Telephone: (413) 598-9898

From the West
Take I-90 East (Massachusetts Turnpike) to Exit 5 (Chicopee). Bear Right
after toll booth, and then Right again onto Rte. 33. The MassMutual
Learning & Conference Center is one half mile on the Right.

From the East
Take I-90 West (Massachusetts Turnpike) to Exit 5 (Chicopee). Bear Right
after toll booth, and then Right again onto Rte. 33. The MassMutual
Learning & Conference Center is one half mile on the Right.

From the South
Take I-91 North
to Rte. 291 East in Springfield. Follow Rte. 291 East to Exit 6
Ludlow/Chicopee Falls). Follow exit ramp to first Stop sign. Take a
Right onto Fuller Road. Continue on Fuller Road to third traffic light.
Take a Left at light onto Memorial Drive (Rte. 33). Take a Right into
MassMutual Learning & Conference Center entrance.

From the North
Take I-91 South to Exit 14 to I-90 (Massachusetts Turnpike). Take I-90
East to Exit 5 (Chicopee). Bear Right after toll booth, and then Right
again onto Rte. 33. The MassMutual Learning & Conference Center is one
half mile on the Right.

If you have questions, please direct them to:
Dan Caron
<mailto:info at wmassdotnet.org> User Group Leader, Western Mass .NET Users
Group

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is
proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is
intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by
any person other than the intended recipient or the
intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete all copies.