[Hidden-tech] why I'm going to Sheldon's program

Jon Reed jonreed at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 18 17:06:35 EDT 2008

Hey folks...

Our program on Prospecting, Cold Calls and Sales with Sheldon
Snodgrass, Hidden Tech Board Member, is coming right up next Tuesday:

http://live.hidden-tech.net/index.php/Events/PROSPECTING-COLD-CALLS-SALES-OH-MY-WHAT-EVERY-BUSINESS-OWNER-NEEDS-TO-KNOW.html

With that in mind, I wanted to mention there are still some spaces
available, but also:

why I am personally attending this program:

I'm really looking forward to this seminar because in my experience,
Sheldon is one of the best, if not the best, sales coaches in this
region. The thing I like about him is that he can handle the reality
of real business situations, and place sales in an overall context of
the best marketing strategy. Bottom line: we are all selling
something, and based on more than five years of Hidden Tech meetings,
my personal opinion is that sales skills are the most important
"missing" skill (and greatest weakness) of most Hidden Tech
businesses - including my own. I have a tendency to ask Sheldon hard
questions, to see if I can take the edge off his positive demeanor,
but he always takes them in stride and keeps me motivated. I end up
feeling more informed and less grouchy.

Myself, I work hard at sales skills because I know that I'm not a
naturally gifted salesperson. I have learned a lot from Sheldon and
hope to learn more next Tuesday. Sheldon has a real contagious
passion for what he does, and for those of us who are a bit down on
where things are at economically, etc, I think this event could be a
nice boost of energy and morale. Anyhow, that's my hope. Now is
definitely not the time to hunker down but to reach out, and to
strategically invest in what we do. I see this event fitting into
that- at least for me.

We have priced this program higher than our usual as a way to raise
much needed funds for Hidden Tech, but still at a deep discount as to
what Sheldon typically charges.

You can register ahead of time through the link above. I would not
recommend a program this strongly just because Hidden Tech is doing
it. I honestly believe that this is well worth the time and
investment for most companies, and that's not even counting the
friendships and connections that get made at this events on top of
the content takeaway.

I hope to see many of you there!

Jon Reed
Hidden Tech Board Member