[Hidden-tech] Looking for Web Hosting andE-Commerce Recommendations

Kristen Beam kbeam at masslive.com
Wed Sep 17 11:13:14 EDT 2008

I'm a big fan of dreamhost.com as well.

-----------
Kristen Beam
Senior Producer
MassLive.com
kbeam at masslive.com
www.masslive.com
Get real-time news updates at http://www.masslive.com/news

  _____

From: hidden-discuss-bounces at lists.hidden-tech.net
[mailto:hidden-discuss-bounces at lists.hidden-tech.net] On Behalf Of DAVID F.
FARKAS
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:20 AM
To: Hidden-discuss at lists.hidden-tech.net
Cc: Hidden-discuss at lists.hidden-tech.net
Subject: Re: [Hidden-tech] Looking for Web Hosting andE-Commerce
Recommendations

At 04:00 PM 9/15/2008, J. Cohen wrote:

Watch out for GoDaddy if you are planning on anything more than a static
HTML site.  They don't offer SSH access, and they block your IP if you try
to edit more than one file at a time -- both of which will probably make
development very frustrating for your Web developer.

        I left them because they have front end spam filtering that was
eating some 'real' emails and there is no user access to what has been
filtered out.

        I went with DreamHost.com on a recommendation from this list, at
that time, and it's been fine. Good pricing. Good system, competent,
responsive, funny. Worker coop. Fairly green. Did I mention cheap?

         Blissings,
        Da/\id

  _____

 LOVE is the Renewable Resource

DAVID  FRANKLIN  FARKAS

www.HouseHealing.com <http://www.househealing.com/>

www.YourChocolateHeaven.com <http://www.yourchocolateheaven.com/>

  _____

 How can they say my life is not a success?
 Have I not, for more than sixty years, got
 enough to eat and escaped being eaten?
                                              ~ Logan P. Smith

  _____

  No trees were destroyed by sending this message. However,
  a significant number of electrons were sorely inconvenienced

  _____