[Hidden-tech] IT support - Volunteer opportunity

Reva Reck reva at revareck.com
Thu Oct 30 17:58:04 EDT 2008

This is last minute, but if you're capable of computer support (see
below)  and interested in volunteering from Nov. 1 through Nov 4 to help
Obama's NH campaign, they could use you:

To keep everything running smoothly, we need to have talented IT people
in our field offices ready to step in if and when problems emerge.

 We need skills in networking and system administration

It would be ideal if you have a comfort level with networking essentials
like TCP/IP and DHCP, are familiar with installing software such as
printer drivers, and know your way around Windows XP (knowing a bit
about Macs would be great too).  If you can build an Ethernet cable that
could be very useful too.

 Expect to get your hands dirty!

You'll probably be doing everything from changing printer toner
cartridges to troubleshooting why some volunteer's laptop can't connect
to the wireless network.

Expect to work long hours!

We work here every day from 9 to 9 at night, sometimes starting earlier
and usually leaving later.

You should expect late, late nights during the Saturday November 1st
through Election Day, November 4th.  Monday could well blend right in to
Tuesday.

If you are coming from out of state, we may be able to provide supporter
housing.  Let us know if that's something of interest to you.

 While we can't promise to feed you, there's a very good chance that
lots of food will be available in the field offices, provided by other
volunteers and supporters.

Contact:

Jerold Paulson
IT Director
Obama Campaign For Change - New Hampshire
(603) 438-5259

jpaulson at nhforchange.com

--
Reva  Reck