[Hidden-tech] Fwd: MeetUp like sites for teleseminars?

DAVID F. FARKAS david at farkas.com
Fri Oct 24 13:55:52 EDT 2008

Another question someone may have an answer for...

www.MeetUp.com is a site for listing and organizing social gatherings
in real life.

I'd like to find a site that has similar functionality for virtual
meetings like teleseminars. Ideally, it would let people find info,
then, after they sign in, handle both providing access codes and
taking the payments.

Also, I'd love to hear opinions on the best teleseminar platform. I'm
looking for something that has both phone and web access. Some of
them offer a way to mute all but have individuals electronically
'raise their hand' either with a phone keypad button or a web
function so people can be unmuted one or two at a time.... that
solves most of the perennial line noise problems... some have web
chat for asking questions.

Anyone have good or bad experience with various vendors. I don't, at
this point, need full webinar functionality or the ability to see me
on web cam (besides, I'd have to clean the room and dress up, at
least from the waist up,) but if you've played with those, I'd like
to hear your experience with it.

Thanx
David

----------
  LOVE is the Renewable Resource
DAVID  FRANKLIN  FARKAS
www.HouseHealing.com
www.YourChocolateHeaven.com

  How can they say my life is not a success?  Have
  I not, for more than sixty years, got  enough to eat
  and escaped being eaten?          ~ Logan P. Smith

   No trees were destroyed by sending this message. However, a
   significant number of electrons were sorely inconvenienced