[Hidden-tech] Video recording/ editing software?

Roger Williams roger at qux.com
Mon Oct 20 09:45:07 EDT 2008

  > I'm realizing that what I need is the video version of Audacity...

Avidemux <http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/> probably holds that honour (not
the best at anything, but well-supported, cross-platform, and easy to learn
for simple cutting, filtering and encoding).

However, I'm not sure about Avidemux's level of support for DV.  On the other
hand, Kino <http://www.kinodv.org/> has excellent integration with IEEE 1394
for capture, VTR control, and recording back to the camera, as well as a very
comprehensive set of non-linear editing features.

(I've also heard good things about LiVES <http://lives.sourceforge.net/>, but
I haven't had the chance to use it.)

--
Roger Williams <roger at qux.com>
Chief Technical Officer, Qux Corporation