[Hidden-tech] Stereo Guru?

DAVID F. FARKAS david at farkas.com
Tue Oct 14 12:56:34 EDT 2008

No the usual computer question, but I figured there must be some
stereo / sound geeks here too.

I have an older surround sound stereo in my office / bedroom. Pioneer
VSX3800 with a CD changer. It has two sets of front speakers and rear
speakers. I often leave it on 24/7 for background music or running
meditation kinds of CDs.

Recently it has developed a background hiss and random, veryloud,
popping heard throught he speakers (not, in the box.) If it was a
vacuum tube unit (dating himself... which is better than no dates at
all) I would say it was a power supply vacuum tube... that kind of
sound but harder / louder.

All devices seem to work fine and the sound is still great, with this
new stuff over it. But, it's so loud I can't use the system

I have disassembled the case. Blown out dust. Wiggled cables. Cast
out ghosts and demons... all to no avail.

Ideas?

Please respond off list to keep the mods happy about not having long
non-computer tech conversations on the list.

Thanx.
David

----------
  LOVE is the Renewable Resource
DAVID  FRANKLIN  FARKAS
www.HouseHealing.com
www.YourChocolateHeaven.com

  How can they say my life is not a success?  Have
  I not, for more than sixty years, got  enough to eat
  and escaped being eaten?          ~ Logan P. Smith

   No trees were destroyed by sending this message. However, a
   significant number of electrons were sorely inconvenienced