[Hidden-tech] looking for a used PC laptop

Frank Aronson fsaronson at comcast.net
Mon Nov 17 18:05:28 EST 2008

Another approach would be to pick up one of the new so-called "Netbook"
computers.  These are those mini-notebooks that are becoming more and more
abundant and cheap.  The upside is that you wouldn't have to use Vista - all
of the Windows versions come with XP Home.  I think the best deal in this
category right now is the Acer One
<http://acer.com/products/netbook/asone.htm>  (Atom processor, 1GB RAM,
120GB hard drive).  You can get one for $350 at Micro
<http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0293528>
Center in Cambridge.  You'd probably want to attach a USB keyboard and mouse
to this thing, though!

Frank Aronson