[Hidden-tech] looking for a used PC laptop

Scott Reed sreed at avacoda.com
Mon Nov 17 11:21:41 EST 2008

Nancy,
  If no one here has what you are looking for, I have had good luck
buying older model Thinkpads on eBay. Thinkpads are well made and
outlast most other brands. You can get a base Pentium II model that will
run Windows XP for under $50 plus shipping. If you get one with more
features like wireless networking or a more recent CPU, it will still go
for under $100.
  The main thing to look out for in any used laptop is the battery. They
are usually well worn and will need replacing (for nearly the price of
the whole thing)  if you will be running unplugged for more than 15
minutes at a time. However, as you probably know it's usually possible
to find an outlet.
  Scott