[Hidden-tech] Remote Desktop Access Software

Chris Hoogendyk hoogendyk at bio.umass.edu
Thu Nov 6 13:06:10 EST 2008

dstevens at tryandfindit.com wrote:
> Good Day All,
>
> I have a client that is going to be in Florida for the winter. I would
> like to setup their Vista computer with remote desktop access so that
> I will be able to support them from here in Mass. I have used
> GoToMyPC  in the past. Does anyone have other suggestions?

I'm not up on Vista, but whatever you choose, make sure it is secure. It
should either have ssh built in as a method of connection or be able to
tunnel over ssh. You don't want to be connecting or logging in "in the
clear".

I happen to like Timbuktu and have used it for years (back to 1988). I
use it routinely for remote access. Commercial product.

I know a lot of people like VNC. I found it to be less robust than
Timbuktu. It's been a couple of years since I last tried it. Free.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator