[Hidden-tech] Convert iMovie AIC files to MPEG 4

GEFORMAN at aol.com GEFORMAN at aol.com
Wed May 21 10:59:08 EDT 2008

Thanks Rich,

Actually we discovered that the free ware application we are now using,
mpegstreamclip, squeezes the HD files when we convert to 320 by 240 window size.
Humans look like Martians (I surmise).   Quicktime Pro compresses to the new
aspect ratio nicely by adding black bars on each side of the 320 by 240 window.
But Quicktime Pro does not batch process compressions.   We will give
memcoder a try.   Might need an IT person to help us create the batch code.

Ciao,
George
In a message dated 5/21/08 10:46:03 AM, rich at on-the-net.com writes:

> I can't be sure of the exact formats that you are asking about, however
> we have had
> very good luck with conversions using 'memcoder' - it is an open source
> program,
> part of a larger video/audio suite called Mplayer.
>
> It is a bit of a pain to get the parameters all right but for mass
> conversions,
> once done - that's it - just run a shell batch on all files.
>
> We run it on linux, but on the Mac OS/X will do the trick very nicely.
> since I am sure there is a port for the Mac.
>
> I've been offline so see this might have been solved, but wanted to add
> another option
> for those interested.
>
> Rich
>
> Videatives at aol.com wrote:

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family
favorites at AOL Food.