[Hidden-tech] Will pay for a Mac problem solved

Videatives at aol.com Videatives at aol.com
Tue May 20 19:50:05 EDT 2008

Three years ago Videatives created several dozen Interactive Quicktime videos
using a program named eZedia QTI, unfortunately out of business since 2006.
All went well until the Intel Macs began to display the QT pages in solid
black, making it impossible for customers who downloaded the product to read the
text.   We are willing to pay at your hourly rate anyone who can solve this
problem.  I have a feeling we will not be flooded with redundant solutions, but
just in case we get two, I suppose it would be fair to go with the first one
that worked. I can update the Hidden Tech list with the result of each attempt.
   We are trying to avoid redoing all of these products from the basic text
and video clips.   If we did redo them, we would probably change the run
application to Acrobat Reader instead of Quick Time Interactive.   Be that as it
may, we are looking for a solution that either resets the display default in the
Quicktime product or gives us some instructions for what the customer can do
on the user end.   We have thought of asking them to download an older version
of Quicktime Player, but I think that would cause our customers to flee and I
am not sure it would work.   To help you help us, please download this file.
After you unzip the folder, see if you get these black pages when you open
the file named PretendLikeMeThinkprint.mov.   You may email me at
GEForman at aol.com if you have questions.   Here is the url for the download.   Just cut and
paste into your address window in your Internet browser.

http://www.videatives.com/Folders/Pretend_You_Like_Thinkprint.zip

Thanks,
George Forman, President
Videatives, Inc.

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family
favorites at AOL Food.