[Hidden-tech] RE: Trac Fone versus Regular Cell Phone payment planservice

ussailis at shaysnet.com ussailis at shaysnet.com
Thu May 8 11:43:37 EDT 2008

I changed my T-Mobile cell phone to a pay-as-you-go plan. Lost voice
mailbox. Saved plenty since I don't use it much. Other than that I find no
difference.

T-Mobile does not work in the western hills, but does work in very rural
Canada. This weekend I had a conversation with a T-Moblie engineer for
Maine. They are expanding there.

I also had service at the Deerfield, NH Fairground, where I never had it
before.

The 'trick' (if this is a trick) behind all this is no cell company uses
all their own sites. The share. And, a great many sites are privately
owned, as in some folks have a business of several cell towers that they
lease-out to cell providers. Who your phone is shared among is all stored
in that SIM chip.

So it is entirely possible that the 'Trac' phone purchased at store 1 has
different coverage compared to an identical looking phone from store 2.

I did have a problem when I first changed to the pay-as-you-go service.
T-Mobile remotely re-programmed my phone (re-wrote the SIM chip) while I
sat in my living room easy-chair. All this tells me that they can change
service most anytime.

Jim Ussailis

PS I have 'caught' the cell phone trying to call home around 8 AM every
morn. When placed next to the AM radio, it causes a short buzz every min,
for about 10 min. Of course there is no service from the kitchen table.
Also interesting that the phone is 'off' when this occurs.
jim at nationalwireless.com