[Hidden-tech] Western Mass .NET Users Group: Tuesday May 6th Presentation - Introduction to Build Automation using NAnt and CruiseControl

Caron, Daniel DCaron at MassMutual.com
Tue May 6 00:04:17 EDT 2008

Introduction to Build Automation using NAnt and CruiseControl

The Western Mass .NET Users Group is hosting its next monthly meeting
Tuesday, May 6th at 6:00 PM at the MassMutual Learning Center in
Chicopee, MA.  Free pizza, drinks and dessert will be provided
compliments of MassMutual.  Please note the location - directions are
below.

Meeting Details
Tuesday, May 6th at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
MassMutual Learning & Conference Center
350 Memorial Drive
Chicopee, MA 01020
Telephone: (413) 598-9898

Presentation Abstract
Learn how automated builds can improve your development process by
making you always work with a green build instead of working toward one.
We will take a look at the different technologies and concepts available
for building a continuous integration environment and see how you can
leverage that technology for any build process using customized tasks.

Whether you are programmatically removing references or modifying
configuration files, there is a need to easily parse and manage XML.
While NAnt provides tools to perform basic peek and poke using Xpath,
they lack in the ability to add or remove XML elements. We will write a
customized NAnt task that gives us the ability to do just that. You will
also receive the source for other custom tasks that integrate with
source control and remove source control bindings from projects and
solutions.

About Jacob Lauzier
Jacob Lauzier is a Software Engineer for Atalasoft, in Easthampton, MA
where he was a build systems engineer for the past 9 months. In that
time, he used systems such as CruiseControl and NAnt to maintain and
improve upon the continuous integration processes employed by Atalasoft.
Recently, Jacob has begun work on extending the company's web image
viewing technology which is based on zero-footprint principles using
advanced AJAX techniques.

Jacob is a recent graduate from the University of Massachusetts at
Amherst and holds a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Systems Engineering
with a second major in Computer Science. Throughout his college career,
Jacob developed business solutions for university departments, area
businesses, and local civic offices.

Directions

From the West
Take I-90 East (Massachusetts Turnpike) to Exit 5 (Chicopee).
Bear Right after toll booth, and then Right again onto Rte. 33.
The MassMutual Learning & Conference Center is one half mile on
the Right.

From the East
Take I-90 West (Massachusetts Turnpike) to Exit 5 (Chicopee).
Bear Right after toll booth, and then Right again onto Rte. 33.
The MassMutual Learning & Conference Center is one half mile on
the Right.

From the South
Take I-91 North
to Rte. 291 East in Springfield. Follow Rte. 291 East to Exit 6
(Ludlow/Chicopee Falls). Follow exit ramp to first Stop sign. Take
a Right onto Fuller Road. Continue on Fuller Road to third traffic
light. Take a Left at light onto Memorial Drive (Rte. 33). Take a
Right into MassMutual Learning & Conference Center entrance.

From the North
Take I-91 South to Exit 14 to I-90 (Massachusetts Turnpike). Take
I-90 East to Exit 5 (Chicopee). Bear Right after toll booth, and then
Right again onto Rte. 33. The MassMutual Learning & Conference
Center is one half mile on the Right.

------------------------

If you have questions, please direct them to:
Dan Caron
<mailto:info at wmassdotnet.org> User Group Leader, Western Mass .NET Users
Group

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is
proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is
intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by
any person other than the intended recipient or the
intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete all copies.