[Hidden-tech] Retreiving Website Email for Client with AOL Mail

B. Melville bmelville.pgs at verizon.net
Mon Mar 31 09:37:07 EDT 2008

We went through this a while ago. AOL is in its own little universe,
and doesn't interact nicely with the rest of the world.

Our web server people (osiriscomm.com - very good place) tried
mightily for about a year to get AOL to accept the forwarded emails,
but were always rebuffed by the AOL people. AOL was letting some of
the messages go through, but ditching others as spam. Obviously, the
client wanted to receive all of his emails.

We set up alias accounts on the server (easily done through your
website's admin area) to have the emails forwarded to almost any
other email address except AOL. You're not limited to gmail for this.
We've used Verizon and all the emails come through just fine.

Bobbi