[Hidden-tech] conflict between Airport and Crocker network upgrade

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Mon Mar 3 14:10:20 EST 2008

>> The airport is not an 'officially' supported router so it didn't go
>> through our testing process.  I'm seeing login attempts with a
>> PPPoE service name of 'Crocker' or 'Crocker Commic'.
>
> Yep, my service name is 'Crocker'.

I updated my router to ignore the service-name setting for customers.
It fixed a lot of issues customers were having.

>> If you have a service name setup in your PPPoE configuration on
>> your airport try clearing that out and reconnecting.  The Service
>> name is optional and has not been programmed into our router.  I
>> think that is causing the authentication requests to fail.
>
> I will try this when I get home, get back to you when I can (right
> away, if it works...).
>
>> I'm going to head to the Holyoke mall for lunch and pick up an
>> airport to see if I can figure it out as well.
>
> Excellent! That is very reassuring.

I'm back from lunch (Wendy's at the mall, I DON'T recommend it.
*bleck*)  and have an Apple Airport Extreme in our lab getting
configured.  I know it will work, just need to figure out the settings.

Matthew S. Crocker
President
Crocker Communications, Inc.
PO BOX 710