[Hidden-tech] E-book that may be of interest

Jeanne Yocum Jeanne at yourghostwriter.com
Fri Jun 13 11:36:18 EDT 2008

Hi, all,

I recently edited an e-book for a client/friend, Laurie Breitner of Breitner
and Associates in Easthampton. Laurie is offering the e-book for free on her
Web site, and I wanted to draw the attention of the Hidden Tech community to
it for two reasons:

1.  The e-book is called "Thriving in Volatile Times: Get and Keep Your
Business on Track." Given the challenges that the current economy is posing
for many of our businesses, I thought Laurie's advice might be helpful to
many people on this listserv.  She lays out a plan for how to analyze the
profitability of your company's activities and then develop a plan to boost
your bottom line.

You can download the e-book here; it's the top item on the list:
http://www.breitnerandassociates.com/publications.htm.

2.  Offering free e-books on your Web site is a great way to add meaningful
content and generate buzz. There is so much talent and knowledge among the
Hidden Tech community; we should all be following Laurie's example and
sharing what we know with the world!

If you're interested in learning more, I'd recommend "The New Rules of Viral
Marketing," a free e-book by David Meerman Scott.  Not only is it an
interesting read, but it is also a good example of how to write/layout an
e-book. It can be downloaded at:
http://www.davidmeermanscott.com/products_ebooks.htm
In particular, pay attention to his ideas for doing e-books and getting the
word out on pages 14 and 15.

Best,

Jeanne Yocum  | Principal
Tuscarora Communications, Ltd.