[Hidden-tech] Advice needed re: buying a mac

Chris Woods cswoods at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 16:55:34 EDT 2008

Just to get the ball rolling...

You can purchase refurbished macbooks via Apple's web site:
http://tinyurl.com/3rwcwa

It doesn't sound as if you need to keep right on the bleeding edge of
technology so I see no problem economizing a bit on disk size and
processor speed. FWIW, I wouldn't hesitate too much on a used macbook
that was running Tiger instead of Leopard which is what you are likely
to find from non-Apple sources. I'm still running Tiger (Leopard disk
is still in it's wrapper) and am quite content.

HTH,

Chris Woods