[Hidden-tech] Advice needed re: buying a mac

Lou Davis ldavis at marketstreetresearch.com
Thu Jun 12 12:39:22 EDT 2008

Hey all you "mac-a-be's" (OK, I know, SO lame, sorry - but kinda funny
in a Hanukah sort of way, right?),

I want to buy my wife a mac book as a surprise for her upcoming birthday
(so if anyone out there knows her, please keep the cat in the bag!).  As
her needs are limited to email, calendar, internet, music, photos and a
personal trainer business management app (which I'll get to in a sec), I
was thinking that it might make sense to explore the options of buying a
used device...  (Also, her desire for a mac is driven by Apple's awesome
marketing and the word-of-mouth perception provided by vociferous
mac-loyalists, not hands-on experience...   Not that there's anything
wrong with that!)

:-)

Can anyone with strong feelings and experience offer their thoughts on
the pros and cons of this proposition so I can weigh my options?.  And,
if this is a good option in this case, does anyone have suggestions as
to where the best place to turn for one would be?

Thanks in advance.

And, with regard to the personal trainer business management software,
does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this topic or even where
I could turn to for a list of what's available and reviews of such?

Again, you guys rock.  Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Lou Davis
Vice President
Market Street Research