[Hidden-tech] Great new publicity resource

Jeanne Yocum Jeanne at yourghostwriter.com
Wed Jul 30 12:40:07 EDT 2008

Hi,

Wanted to alert everybody of a new free way to connect with reporters to get
publicity on your company.  It's called HARO, as in "Help a Reporter Out"
and you can find out about it and sign up for their e-mails at
http://www.helpareporter.com.

When you sign up, you will receive two e-mails a day with lots of queries
sent in by reporters who are seeking sources for stories. There is a paid
service called ProfNet that also does this but it is expensive.  So
entrepreneur and PR guy Peter Shankman started his own free service.  If
nothing else, I have enjoyed reading his introductions to his e-mails...the
guy is funny...although I admit it's possible that he is only amusing to
folks like me who are in the PR trenches.

In the few weeks I've belonged to the service, I have seen reporters from
major publications post queries...and also from publications and blogs whose
titles are so obscure that you have to wonder if more than a dozen people
read them. In short, there's something for everyone!

The other good part about it is that Peter doesn't mind if you forward a
query to someone who is not on his list, so if you see something that would
be a possibility for a friend, you can just send it along.

Best,

Jeanne Yocum  | Principal
Tuscarora Communications, Ltd.
Granby, MA