[Hidden-tech] Pioneer Valley Software Development Process Survey

Johnny Lee Lenhart johnnyLee at symchatech.com
Tue Jan 29 15:49:21 EST 2008

Hi there:

I’ve created a survey that I’d like some people on this list to consider
completing.  The survey is targeted at software development shops in the
Valley and surrounding areas with at least 3 full time developers doing some
amount of full lifecycle projects.  The survey’s focus is on the software
development process used by local companies; the agreements, conventions,
methodologies, and systems that they use to get from initial concept to
production deployment.

The purpose of the survey is twofold.  As a developer, I’ve been an active
student of the art of crafting quality software for years and would benefit
from knowing how other developers do their work.  As an adjunct instructor
in computer science I have an interest in presenting to my students as
realistic a picture as possible of what the software creation process looks
like in the real world and wish to broaden my perspective of that.

If you are part of a development team, I hope you’ll consider taking 15
minutes to complete my survey.  You access it by following this link:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=GZmp_2fXZXNFb_2fLebOdF7sFQ_3d_3d.
Don’t click the link until you have time to complete the survey.  It’s set
up to only allow you one opportunity to answer the questions.  If you try to
follow the link a 2nd time you’ll get a message that the survey is closed.

Summary results will be available to everyone.  No individual or company
identifiable information will be made available to anyone other than me, not
to the public or other respondents, but some of this information is asked
for and required to complete the survey.

The survey is open from now until Sunday evening, February 10th.  Soon after
I will send another link to the summary results.  I think they will be of
interest to developers in the region, but just to sweeten the pot I’ll have
a drawing to award one respondent a $25 gift certificate to the GoNOMAD Café
in South Deerfield, Mass.

If you have any questions or run into any issues while completing the
survey, feel free to contact me.  Thanks in advance for your time.

                            Johnny Lee Lenhart

                            Symcha Technology Services, LLC

                            Brattleboro, Vermont  USA

                            (802) 254-4609  (home office)