[Hidden-tech] Verizon vs. Comcast

Garth gshaneyfelt at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 11:56:22 EST 2008

'Local' TV channels -- I don't think there is anything like 'local', unless
you consider Springfield local.  You'll *probably* need a rooftop antenna to
get broadcast TV.  Note: in like a couple of years, NTSC broadcast TV will
be gone.  I don't know if there will be 'broadcast HDTV' or not.

The curious thing about the truly LOCAL TV (i.e. Public Access) is that you
can ONLY get it through your cable company!  [because that's it main funding
source]  Maybe they could put their stuff on YouTube or IndyMedia.org as
well??

You can at least get wicked-basic cable for about $10/month from Comcast.

That "couple of years" is just about one now...Feb 17, 2009
http://www.dtv.gov/

-Garth