[Hidden-tech] Job post: Social web development projects at Berkshire Publishing

Karen Christensen karen at berkshirepublishing.com
Thu Jan 24 12:41:41 EST 2008

Small publishing company with global reach seeks talented person for social media and online content management initiatives. Current projects include redesign of several websites to incorporate RSS from blogs and databases, modular content block system, and widgets for marketing and content sharing. Website designer used to simple, flexible interface (not rigid, graphic-intense design) also needed. Internship also possible for graphic design/computer science student or recent graduate.

This will be right for you if you love figuring out ways to incorporate new social media and networking into traditional business models, and if you thrive on challenges and getting the maximum results on a modest publisher’s budget. We have several big China publications in development and are discussing a partnership for a 2008 Olympics website with a large e-publishing company in Beijing, so the possibilities for someone who wants to learn about internationalization and localization are immense.

Please respond with details about technical skills, relevant experience, and current projects. We need to know what you can do, what you really love doing and do especially well, when you’re available, and what really inspires you. Take a look at these URLs to get an idea of the things we’re going or have done that need to be revamped, upgraded, redesigned, and rebuilt:

http://www.berkshirepublishing.com

http://www.guanxionline.com/demo2.asp?pid=2

http://www.guanxiblogs.com

http://www.berkshirepublishing.com/blog

http://www.berkshirepublishing.com/brw/product.asp?projID=29

http://www.berkshirepublishing.com/communityandpopculture/

http://www.loveushateus.com

Tools in use: WordPress; WordPress MU for group blogs; PHPbb; Flickr, YouTube, Facebook, and more (for Berkshire and separate publications/subjects, and we want to help our bloggers make use of these tools). We’d like to add some projects in MediaWiki.

Replies to: karen at berkshirepublishing.com, Subject: Social web development

Karen CHRISTENSEN 沈凯伦

CEO, Berkshire Publishing Group 伯克夏出版集团
* +1 413 528 0206 | Skype: karen_christensen

Mobile USA +1 413 329 5745 | China +86 135 2176 5748

* karen at berkshirepublishing.com <mailto:karen at berkshirepublishing.com>
Blog: www.berkshirepublishing.com/blog <http://www.berkshirepublishing.com/blog>

--

Global Perspectives on the United States is a bold, balanced three-volume resource in which experts explore the role and image of the United States from the viewpoints of the peoples and nations of the world. Includes timelines, biographies, historical extracts, statistical tables, and maps. “A word of caution―U.S. citizens should prepare to be both revered and insulted. Not recommended reading for thin-skinned patriots; however, a great resource for academic, public, and high-school libraries.” Booklist magazine *Starred Review* July 2007 www.globalperspectives.info

--

Search full-text of some of Berkshire’s award-winning titles in a free trial with Exact Editions: www.exacteditions.com/berkshirepublishing