[Hidden-tech] Question for Mac users regarding email

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Tue Feb 12 10:21:03 EST 2008

Hi all,

With the latest update from Apple, I am now ready to upgrade my Mac OS to
Leopard. At the same time, I may also install the latest Microsoft Office (I
am still using v.2004).

My question is whether it would be worth switching email programs from
Entourage to Apple Mail. I have used Entourage for many years (dating back
to Outlook Express, perhaps 10 years)

I am considering this switch because of possible advantageous integration
with iCal and Address Book and because I have read that Time Machine backs
up the entire email database each time. Mail is the only part of Entourage
that I use (not the calendar, notes, address book, etc.).

I am curious if anyone in our group has any advice on this matter. If you
have made a similar switch, was it easy/difficult to import Entourage
messages and are folders kept intact?

Thanks for any feedback.

David

++++++++++

David Spound, M.Ed.
Valley Mindfulness

(413) 219-0654
david at valleymindfulness.com
http://www.valleymindfulness.com

Programs for Stress Reduction, Health and Well-Being
* A Taste of Mindfulness:
> Introduction to mindfulness-based approaches to health and wellness.
> Tuesday, February 12, 6:30­8:30 pm

* Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: