[Hidden-tech] FTP services

ussailis at shaysnet.com ussailis at shaysnet.com
Sat Feb 9 17:49:38 EST 2008

Yes, there is a big difference between download and upload DSL. That's why
it is technically ADSL. A for asynchronous. On 728K DSL, that is the
download speed only. Upload is 128K, max.

I don't know what the speeds are for other levels of DSL or cable. I do
believe that satellite high speed internet has a very similar problem.
There transmission power is an issue. Broader bandwidths require more power
for the signal to get through, "there ain't no free lunch".

This has gotten to some folks who try to use DSL for their server and web
page. If you run across a painfully slow web page (and you are on high
speed service) chances are the web server you are looking at is trying to
use DSL.

My son reminded me of a business in the Valley that tried this. Might still
be doing it.

Jim Ussailis
jim at nationalwireless.com