[Hidden-tech] Converting PDFs to Word?

Eddy Goldberg eddyg at franchiseupdatemedia.com
Mon Dec 15 09:40:15 EST 2008

Hi H-Ters,

I'm editor at 2 quarterly business magazines. We publish in print and
online.

(Yes, I'm a H-T member, since the beginning, and live here in the
Happy Valley.)

We're looking for the simplest, most automated (if possible) way to
convert the final PDF files we send our printer into MS-Word so our
webmaster can post the upcoming issue online ASAP. Our Art director
is doing it manually now, not the best use of her time. Here's what
our webmaster wrote:

"I need articles in MS Word, plus I need a PDF copy of the magazine
so that we can use it as a guide when posting the articles, as well
as extract the images from the PDFs for use in the online articles.
We will not pull content from the PDF copy as Acrobat does nasty
things to text when you pull it out of a PDF. It's a nightmare to
work with PDF-extracted text."

Questions:
1) Any help with converting PDFs to Word?
2) Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks for any ideas,
Eddy

Eddy Goldberg, Managing Editor