[Hidden-tech] Lost 2008 email from Thunderbird 2.0.0.16

Stacy Kontrabecki swampdancer at comcast.net
Fri Aug 29 09:18:26 EDT 2008

My Dell laptop with XP on it has been cranky about waking from
hibernation when I lift the lid.  It often is a minute before anything
shows on the screen, but most times it's a few seconds.  I couldn't get
anything so I tapped the power button, which sometimes pops the image on
the screen and I'm OK.  The other times it shuts down the PC in a bad
way.  After today's shut down I open to Thunderbird to see my Inbox with
mail as recent as July 07, but nothing new.  There are new emails that
have been filtered into my INbox subdirectories that still exist, but
nothing in just the Inbox.

So I have 2 problems - the biggest being

Where can I find 2008 new email?

The bigger Q is Why do I get these hibernate lockups that require nasty
manual power button intervention?  I've had similar issues twice already
this year where my Inbox has been totally relocated to some cryptic
place on my hard drive that takes a 2nd party and hours to find - never
relocates to a logical place.  I just need to start from scratch with
this PC, but haven't done so yet.

Help me find my email!

Stacy