[Hidden-tech] web streaming

Mark Firehammer mark at adeptco.net
Fri Aug 8 11:08:01 EDT 2008

Wow!  I've got news for you.  Forget about $10,000!!  You can stream that
event yourself for free using http://www.ustream.tv/ as long as you have the
following already on site:

A computer with a high speed DSL or cable connection
A USB webcam and microphone. (Quality cam makes a difference.)  Many
camcorders have a streaming setting.

My guess is you'll want to be able to zoom and pan in a  church event
setting with moving subjects and all, so you'll need a camcorder with stream
capability. There are new ones available for about $200.
If you want Multi channel sound and multiple cameras an investment of
another $500  to $1000 would be required for needed hardware.  Plus the cost
of extra cameras.
I've been using it for 4 months.  We use a multi channel sound board and
have the capability for live callers on air. Total investment:  $500 and we
can broadcast all day everyday if we wanted to.

Let me know if you need help, I can save you some time in addition to the
$9500 you just saved! : )

Regards,

Mark Firehammer

Adept Technologies