[Hidden-tech] If you want to be invovled with Economic development efforts, read on

webmaster webmaster at hidden-tech.net
Sat Aug 2 20:41:11 EDT 2008

This is to update the Hidden Tech group about some interesting local efforts,
towards business development.

I will explain here what I know about, many of you are also involved in
such efforts -- we like to invite any one with similar interests who want
to help promote growth of business like ours to be involved.

To help this, we have added a few status checkbox to the HT member's
profile, just loggin and set the checkboxes for your interests.  (If you
have trouble with login, use the 'I forgot my password' link)

1) State promotion of Creative Economy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_industries

Silvana and I attended a program put on by the State Department of
Business Development - partly because Jeanne Yocum passed on the invite
she got for the panel.  It was clearly a first effort, and more is
coming. For one, a number of the other HT board members will be meeting
with other State officials in a few weeks.

The goal is to grow business relating to all the creative activities
many of you are involved with.

2) Sustainable Development/Green Econony

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable

I went to the last meeting of 'Pioneer Valley Sustainability Network',
which is actually a network of many PV groups working on creating a
sustainable economy.  There is a lot of activity locally and many
of HT are involved.  If you are interested, check out the PVSN web site
(created by our own David Caputo):
		http://www.pvsustain.com/

If you have been interested any of this, let everyone know on the lists,
and mark your member profile for those areas you'd like to get more
involved with so we can be effective in leveraging the group.

A key challenge is to match which resources we all have with those needs
of others locally to improve how we all operate.

More to come,
Rich Roth, Webmaster at HT and board member.