[Hidden-tech] Seeking assistance...

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Mon Apr 28 16:17:22 EDT 2008

Dear Friends,

I have a friend here in Northampton who is looking for some help in getting
her personal finances organized. She wants to hire someone to look at her
bills and income and then help her create a monthly budget that she can live
with. One of her goals is to reduce stress by facing the realities of her
tight monetary situation more clearly than she has been willing to do in the
past. So one important qualification of this person is that they be
non-judgmental (she is concerned about being judged for not having her act
together in this area). Otherwise, I doubt that this work requires
extraordinary financial skills. Someone who is good with numbers, knows how
to create and live on a clear budget, and who understands some of the
complexities of family life could do the job. It is possible that this
person could (if qualified) help her with her taxes next year.

I don¹t know if my friend wants to hire someone for just one session or if
perhaps there would be multiple sessions over time. I told her that I would
post this message on her behalf and pass along any recommendations that I
received. No phone calls, please.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations.

David

++++++++++

David Spound, M.Ed.
Valley Mindfulness

(413) 219-0654
david at valleymindfulness.com
http://www.valleymindfulness.com

Programs for Stress Reduction, Health and Well-Being
* Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction:
> 8-week course based on the work of Jon Kabat-Zinn at UMass Medical School
> June 9-July 28 (Monday evenings, 6:00­8:30 p.m.)

* A Taste of Mindfulness: