[Hidden-tech] Re: help wanted

Jeanne Yocum Jeanne at yourghostwriter.com
Thu Apr 24 15:08:08 EDT 2008

Hi,

I can't let the message below go without comment. People who know how to
write effective press releases, get coverage in the media, and write and
place articles do not work for $12 to $14/hour.  Anyone who has the required
skills is making MUCH, MUCH more.  I can't think of any reason why someone
who does know PR would work at these rates, even if you're promising a
steady, long-term gig.

I don't mean to fault you for trying, but I feel I have to speak up on
behalf of my profession.  Good PR people are highly trained professionals
and need to be compensated accordingly. People who don't know what they're
doing in this field are unlikely to produce results and can actually be
downright dangerous in terms of the negative  impression they will leave
with the media about your organization.

You would be better off taking your small budget and hiring someone who
knows what they're doing to executive one or two small projects for you.

Best,

Jeanne Yocum  | Principal
____________________________
Tuscarora Communications, Ltd.
Granby, MA
www.yourghostwriter.com
Member: National Writers Union

PR person for Vibrant Living productions and unscripted Power Seminars.  You
can:

write effective press releases
get coverage on local and national radio / TV / print and Internet
Write and place articles

You have a passion for innovative and holistic living

$12 - $14 an hour

Beginning 5 - 10 hours  a week. Need your own hardline phone