[Hidden-tech] Transcription Work

Donna Caissie donnamcaissie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 14:35:58 EDT 2008

David,

Transcription industry trends would suggest that a career in
transcription may not be profitable.  Several years ago, large companies
began outsourcing their transcription work overseas; this is especially
true for the medical industry.  Another trend that I began seeing this
year is that U.S. transcription companies are partnering with online or
home study companies to hire their "partner" graduates exclusively.

If your wife is dead-set on a transcription career, a blog post I
recently read by another Virtual Assistant (VA) is a great suggestion.
She suggested downloading the Scribe Express software (free), installing
it, and then doing an Internet search for free podcasts. The VA would
then use the podcasts for transcription practice.  Your wife could do
the same.

I've recently done some research into transcription services, and I've
collected some information regarding rates, etc.  If you or your wife
would like to contact me offline, I'd be happy to share.

=>Donna

Donna Caissie, Virtual Assistant
ExtraOrdinary Assistance
dcaissie at extra-assist.com